Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Goodness I have not baked since Christmas, I had two sick kids for about two months which took
a toll on the family. I've missed my usual baking and now I'm back with these Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Lemon Shortcake Cupcakes. I love anything strawberry and lemon so why not a combo, so yummy! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT25M
Total time: PT40M
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pure Lemon Extract
- 3/4 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Puree
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend (Bavaria Mills)
- 3/4 Cup Diced Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Organic Shortening (Spectrum)
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Butter
- 3-1/2 Cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Strawberry Puree
- 1 Teaspoons Pure Lemon Extract
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar, let stand until curdled.
- In a stand mixer combine sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, lemon extract, coconut milk, lemon juice, and strawberry puree, an lemon zest.
- Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and gluten free flour.
- Fold in diced strawberries.
- Fill paper cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a clean bowl add shortening, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add strawberry puree and lemon extract.
- Mix until creamy.