Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins with a Streusel Topping
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1-3/4 cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour (Bavaria Mills)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Maple Sugar or Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cups So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar, Room Temp
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Organic Maple Extract
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/4 Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour (Bavaria Mills)
- 4-5 Tablespoons Vegan Butter, Cold
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a glass measuring cup add So Delicious Coconut Milk and vinegar, set aside for 5 minutes or until curdled.
- If using frozen blueberries coat with one tablespoon of gf flour, stir to coat.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and sugar.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add water, coconut milk mixture, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and maple extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add blueberries.
- Using a muffin pan, fill cups 3/4 of the way full.
- In a small bowl add, brown sugar, gf flour, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
- Using a pasty cutter, cut mixture until it resembles small crumbles.
- Top the uncooked muffins.
- Place muffins in a 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.