Gluten-free Lemon Loaf
I love lemon loaf, well let me rephrase that I LOVE anything that has to do with lemon. I was really bummed out when I was diagnosed with Celaic's that I had to give up my lemon loaf addiction from Starbucks. However after I whined and complained that I could no longer have it I thought I would develop a recipe that I could eat and enjoy just as much. I haven't found a gluten-free dairy-free recipe out there, so I developed my own and I hope you all like it as much as we do. I love the lemony light flavor of this loaf and if you really like lemons as much as I do you could also add the zest to this recipe as well and make it even more lemony. YUM!!
Cook time: PT45M
Total time: PT1H
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Softened (I used earth Balance)
- 6 Whole Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 Cups Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (Two Lemons)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- FOR THE ICING:
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar (Powdered)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk Of Choice (I used So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- In a stand mixer add sugar, eggs, and butter, beat for about 2 minutes on medium speed or until mixture becomes pale yellow.
- Turn mixer down and add oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon extract, mix until combined.
- Slowly add sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, and gluten-free flour 1 cup at a time until thouroghly combined.
- Scrape the sides of your bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into your two loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and drizzle with lemon frosting.