Gluten-free Strawberry Coffee Cake
My husband and I were at Costco the other day and they had these ever so beautiful strawberries just looking at me like c'mon Rachelle you have to buy me. They ended up in my cart and at that very moment I thought YES a Gluten-free Strawberry Coffee Cake it is. I have never made a strawberry coffee cake before but have made many other varieties and thought strawberry would be rather tasty. My family loved this cake, not only did they love it but they want more already. This cake is not only easy to make but soooo very pretty, any which way you decide to make it, this cake will turn out beautiful and taste delicious.
Cook time: 45-50 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shortening (Earth Balance)
- 2 whole Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Coconut Milk (Or Milk Of Choice)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 cup Fresh Chopped Strawberries
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar (powdered)
- 1-2 teaspoons Vanilla Coconut Milk (Or Milk Of Choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a non-stick spray, coat a bundt pan or a 9x13 pan to prevent sticking.
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and shortening.
- Slowly add 2 eggs and cream until light in color.
- Slowly add vanilla, coconut milk, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add gluten-free flour.
- In a small clean bowl combine brown sugar, butter, gluten-free flour, and cinnamon mixing until combines and sand like appearance.
- Place half of the cake batter into bunt pan and half of the strawberries
- Place half of the brown sugar mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Layer remaining cake batter on top of the brown sugar mixture and place the rest of the strawberries and the brown sugar mixture on the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely and drizzle confectioner frosting on the top of the cooled cake.