Homemade Coconut Chip Ice Cream
Now that summer has finally arrived here in Washington State I have decided it was time to
make some coconut ice cream, with most of our household being dairy free I find this is a
perfect alternative to regular ice cream, my family loves it. I have also made this ice cream
without the chocolate chips and have used our favorite toppings. However you decide
to make this ice cream you won't be disappointed.
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT5H20M
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk (I Used So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1/3 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Corn Starch or Arrowroot
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a small sauce pan place coconut milk, sugar, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved stirring constantly.
- Remove from pan and place mixture into a bowl and refrigerate over night or until mixture is very cold.
- Place mixture in your ice cream maker and mix according to manufactures instructions, during the last 5 minutes of mixing add chocolate chips.
- Remove ice cream from the mixer and store in the freezer.