Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Breakfast Donuts
I have been on a donut making frenzy, I LOVE DONUTS!! These were so much fun to make and decorate.
I really get excited about pretty food. The hubby and I just got back from a much needed mini vacation for our anniversary, we had so much fun and it made me come home inspired, yes inspired to make donuts of every variety I could think of. He he he! I would be baking for years if I made donuts of every variety I thought of, however this time I decided I would make these Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Breakfast Donuts, I really don't think these donuts will make it until breakfast they are that good! The hubby loves anything chocolate and the kids love anything sweet.
I have recently started using a new gluten free all purpose flour blend by Bavaria Mills that I really like, it bakes up so nice and has a very pleasant taste. I know everyone has a blend of their own that they like to use and I have gone through many blends and still use a variety of different flours, but I really like this one for my donuts and future recipes. The owner of Bavaria Mills is very nice and refers to us people with food allergies as part of the family, Thank you Mike!!
Cook time: PT18M
Total time: PT33M
Yield: 12 Donuts
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour (Bavaria Mills)
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1-1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tablespoons So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray donut pan with a non stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add, gf flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- In a glass measuring cup add milk and apple cider vinegar, stir until mixture becomes curdled.
- In a stand mixer add maple syrup, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and then milk mixture.
- Beat until smooth, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 10 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and let stand mixer break them up as it mixes.
- Using a piping bag or a ziploc bag (I used a ziploc) pipe mixture into donut pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Dip the top of donut into glaze and add sprinkles place donut back on wire rack to dry.