Tis the season for apples, pumpkins, and everything fall! I have been craving donuts for so long but never got around to actually making them. I bought the donut pans a long time ago and have never used them (I have no idea why) But that all changed yesterday. I got so excited about this recipe because it has been so long since I have had a donut for one, but for two this was a donut that wasn't going to destroy my tummy, thank goodness. This donut is full of flavor and very cake like and moist. Nothing worse than a dry donut to try and choke down. I brought some donuts to my neighbors who loved them and the kids loved them so much they almost ate them all except one which I saved for my husbands lunch, however the donut didn't make it to the lunch bag, but his tummy instead. I will be making these donuts again and again in a variety of different flavors.Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 12 Donuts
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Applesauce (Cinnamon)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup (Agave or Honey)
- 6 Tablepoons Vegetable Oil (or Oil of Choice)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1-1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons So Delicioius Dairy Free Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray donut pan with a non stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add, gf flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- In a glass measuring cup add milk and apple cider vinegar, stir until mixture becomes curdled.
- In a stand mixer add maple syrup, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and then milk mixture.
- Beat until smooth, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 10 seconds.
- Using a piping bag or a ziploc bag (I used a ziploc) pipe mixture into donut pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Dip the top of donut into glaze and place donut back on wire rack to dry.