Gluten Free Vegan Molasses Sugar Cookies
I've been thinking for months that I needed to make these Gluten Free Vegan Molasses Sugar Cookies but the problem being is that every time I make these cookies I eat far to many they are that good!
I make these cookies all year round but especially around the holidays. They are a fun cookie to make to put into little decorative bags to give as gifts too. I have been making these cookies for years as a matter of factly my husbands grandmother's mother, now thats a mouth full had the original recipe, before I was diagnosed Celiac I used to make them with regular flour. Now I have modified the recipe to make them gluten free and vegan, but the best part is they taste exactly the same if not better. I thank Grandma Lois because one year she put together a very large book of family recipes for us such an amazing gift and excellent recipes. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we all do!
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT2H20M
Yield: 3 Dozen
- 3/4 cup Non Hydrogenated Shortening (I used Spectrum)
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses (not black strap)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used Bavaria Mills)
- 4-1/2 tablespoons SO Delicious Coconut Milk or Milk of Choice
- 4 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar for Rolling.
- In a stand mixer add shortening and sugar.
- Cream mixture and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add molasses, baking soda, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add gluten free flour and coconut milk.
- Cream together until combined.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Using a small cookie scooper make dough balls and roll in cane sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet to cool, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The longer these sit the better they taste.