Gluten Free Vegan Snickerdoodles
You know what? I really LOVE cookies of all varieties and tis the season for lots of cookies.
I find myself getting more and more creative in this type of baking, gluten free vegan that is.
I want to thank each one of you who come to this blog looking for recipes, I enjoy creating tasty treats that others can also enjoy. Today the weather here is so windy I just hope I can finish this post before the power decides to go out, with the kids at school and hubby at work the house is amazingly quiet this morning with the exception of the cat snoring, yes I said the cat is snoring. LOL!
Snickerdoodles have always been a favorite of mine. When I was a little girl my dad used to ask me to make him Snickerdoodles after dinner for his dessert. I have very fond memories of baking as a child. Enjoy~
Cook time: PT11M
Total time: PT2H26M
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 cup Non Hydrogenated Shortening
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Organic Maple Syrup
- 4-1/2 tablespoons SO Delicious Coconut Milk or Milk of Choice
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-3/4 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (I Used Bavaria Mills)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
- 4 tablespoons Organic Cane sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- In a stand mixer add shortening and sugar.
- Cream mixture and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add maple syrup, milk, and vanilla.
- Cream together until combined.
- Add gluten free flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cream of tarter and cream until ingredients come together.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Using a small cookie scooper make dough balls and roll in cane sugar and cinnamon to coat.
- Place cookies on silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet to cool for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.