Gluten-free Deep Fried Fish
My husband and I love fish and chips we go to a local restaurant here in town that serve pretty amazing gluten-free fish and chips and I really thought perhaps I would like to try this at home, sooo with a little of this and a little of that I have mastered a batter thats pretty darn good. My husband said it tastes just like the restaurant we frequent and that must mean he really likes it.
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4-1 cup Warm Water
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour (for dredging)
- 1/4 milk (I used) So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1-2 pounds Cod or Halibut
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup brown rice flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and water.
- You do not want mixture to thick so add water a little at a time to ensure mixture gets to the perfect consistency. Make sure you pat fish completely dry.
- In an assembly line dip fish into milk then flour and finally the batter.
- You can use a deep fryer and fry your fish to the directions of the manufacturer or you can use a deep stock pot and fry on the stove which is what I did using vegetable oil.
- Fry for about 5 minutes or until golden.