My family loves treats, cakes, pies, cookies, and I'm always looking for something that I can make for
lunches everyday. I do not like buying any sort of cookies or bakery items in a store and I prefer to make all of our treats from scratch. I really enjoy this time of the year with so many wonderful fruits and vegetables to choose from, apples, pumpkins, squash and many, many more. These Gluten-free Applesauce Muffins are excellent for breakfast or a quick snack and freeze beautifully.
Cook time: 20-22 Minutes
Total time: 32 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter Softened (DF Earth Balance)
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3/4 cup Applesauce
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour(Jules)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups or spray a muffin pan if you decide not to use paper cups.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing until light and fluffy, to this mixture add applesauce.
- Scrape sides of the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and sea salt, Mix until just combined. (Do Not Over Mix)
- With a small cookie scoop fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.