Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Cookies
I really love baking, but not only do I love baking I love inventing and trying new things. I have been thinking about cinnamon rolls and cookies and thought, hmmmm how about a cinnamon roll cookie and this is what I came up with a Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Cookie that is wonderfully good, same great taste you will find in the middle of a cinnamon roll. Now you can get your cinnamon roll fix in a cookie. Yummy!!
Cook time: 11 Minutes
Total time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Yield: 36 Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups White Sugar
- 1 cup Butter Softened (DF Earth Balance)
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter (I used earth balance) softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- In a stand mixer add, sugar and butter mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until creamy and light in color.
- Slowly add vanilla, cream of tarter, baking soda, sea salt, and gluten-free flour.
- Mix until all combined and fluffy, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- To ensure that you have enough room to roll out the dough.
- Place dough on plastic wrap and cover with plastic wrap so dough does not stick to rolling pin.
- Roll into a 20x21 rectangle.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough.
- Spread butter evenly over rolled dough.
- In a small bowl add brown sugar and cinnamon mixing with a fork until evenly combined.
- Spread brown sugar mixture over butter and spread over butter evenly.
- Pick up the edge of the plastic wrap and roll dough into a log.
- Cover your log and place into the freezer until partially frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a serrated knife cut cookies 1/4 inch thick and place on a lined sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes depending on the size of your log.
- Remove from oven and place onto a wire wrack to cool completely.
- When cookies are completely cooled drizzle with powdered sugar frosting, frosting should be thin enough to drizzle on cookie.
- **Note** add milk a little at a time as you may not need as much as two tablespoons.