Gluten free Angel Food Cake
Who says us Celiac or gluten intolerant people cannot have Angel Food Cake? Now we can enjoy Gluten free Angel Food Cake just like before. I was thinking to myself when I was diagnosed Celiac holy cow my life is so over! I mean how many of you have felt just like this? I have discovered through trial and error that we can enjoy just about anything gluten free as when we were eating wheat. I have come across so many people who have just plain given up because they can no longer eat wheat, I'm here to tell you that I was once in this boat, but not anymore. I now feel better and get the same enjoyment out of my food as I once did!! :)
Cook time: PT55M
Total time: PT1H10M
- 12 Whole Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Cups Sugar Plus 1/2 Cup Divided
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Cream Of Tarter
- 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Separate eggs and place egg whites into a stand mixer bowl.
- In a separate bowl using a sifter place cornstarch, white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, and 3/4 cups sugar. sift and set aside.
- In a small bowl measure extracts and put aside.
- Using the wire wisk attachment beat egg whites on high speed until they start to come together ad cream of tarter.
- When egg whites form soft peaks turn speed down and ad extracts, turn speed back up and slowly add 1/2 cup sugar in a steady but slow stream.
- Beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Remove bowl and fold dry mixture in one large spoonful at a time careful not to deflate your egg whites.
- Place mixture into ungreased angel food cake pan and bake for approx. 55-60 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from the oven and turn upside down on a cup or bottle and cool completely before removing from the pan.