Gluten-free Oriental Salad
This salad is wonderful for any occasion but especially good in the summer on a nice hot day. My family loves this salad especially my husband, there is hardly ever any left overs. This salad can be made in advance and is great to take to any occasion especially a pot luck!Prep time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Head Napa Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 6 Ounces Toasted Sliced Almonds
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage
- 1 Package Gluten-free Chow Mein Crunchy Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Mayonaise (I used Veganaise)
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- I like to make the dressing first so it has a chance to marry and chill before I make the salad.
- FOR THE DRESSING: In a small bowl combine honey, mayonaise, dijon mustard, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar. Stir until all combined, place mixture in a cruet with lid and shake vigorously, place in the refrigerator for at least two hours to chill.
- FOR THE SALAD: Use a large bowl, chop romaine lettuce, napa cabbage, red cabbage, and green onion, peel and grate carrots. Mean while you can toast your almonds in the oven or on the stove top, cool completely and add to your vegetables. Gently toss your salad to combine all ingredients. You can either use your dressing all at once or use it a little at a time, we use ours a little at a time in case there is left overs. Enjoy!