Gluten-free Triple Lemon Drop Cookies
I love lemon anything not just a little bit a whole lot, I mean lemon anything has got to be my weakness where some people say chocolate is there weakness mine is by far lemon. I mean cakes, pies, cookies, candies. lemon, lemon, lemon, did I mention how much I love lemon?? :) I designed a gluten-free cookie that could satisfy my lemon addiction for the moment. A Gluten-free Triple Lemon Drop Cookie that has more than one lemon source. I used the zest, juice and extract just to make sure it was lemony enough. For anyone who enjoys lemons you will surely love these cookies, I think these cookies are better the longer they sit as all that lemony goodness comes together I mean what could be better than lemony goodness, right??
Cook time: PT11M
Total time: PT2H21M
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/3 Cup Butter (I Used Earth Balance)
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Zest Of One Whole Lemon
- 1/3 Cup Juice Of One Whole Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2-3/4 Cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ROLLING MIXTURE:
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- In a stand mixer add sugar and butter, cream together.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add egg.
- Cream mixture until it becomes a very pale yellow.
- Once mixture is a pale yellow add vegetable oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, baking soda, and sea salt , combine mixture.
- Slowly add, gf flour mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and give it one final mix.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for at least two hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a small cookie scoop roll into balls.
- Roll ball in regular sugar and again in the powdered sugar.
- Place cookie balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- cook at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes depending on your oven.
- When cookies are done cooking take them out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.