Gluten-free Ginger Molasses Cookies
My family loves cookies I mean all different varieties of cookies. This recipe goes way back in the family and has been around for generations and generations. I have no idea where this recipe actually started but one thing I know is that my husband's grandmother gave this recipe to me and I have been making these cookies for my family for a long time. Now that we are a gluten free family I have made modifications to this recipe to suit our gluten free needs. I appreciate recipes that go way back and am grateful that we can still have these delicious recipes once again being gluten free.
Cook time: PT11M
Total time: PT3H21M
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1-1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mild Molasses
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4-1/4 Cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- In a stand mixer add sugar and eggs.
- Cream mixture until it becomes a very pale yellow.
- Once mixture is a pale yellow add vegetable oil and molasses.
- Slowly add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and sea salt.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and slowly add gluten free flour one cup at a time.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Once refrigeration is completed take mixture out of the refrigerator and using a small cookie scoop scoop dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar and coat evenly.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat to prevent sticking.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 11 minutes.
- The cookies will look like they are not quite done, I under bake just a hair to ensure the soft center and crunchy outside, if you prefer a crispier cookie than bake for a couple minutes longer.