Gluten-free Italian Style Spaghetti
I love spaghetti especially a tangy Italian style. This recipe not only satisfies my craving but is absolutely delicious, a little sweetness on top of a little hotness. Just perfect with an Italian salad and some gluten-free french bread, perhaps a nice glass of wine.Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- 1 Whole Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4-5 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 Cans Diced Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 Package Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Package Gluten -free Spaghetti Of Choice(I used ancient Quinoa Harvest)
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Cook sweet Italian sausage until browned but not all the way cooked through.
- SautÃ© onions, garlic, salt, pepper, chili flakes until translucent in color, slowly add canned tomatoes, canned tomato sauce, sugar (optional) and chopped basil.
- Slice Italian sausage and add to sauce. Simmer for at least two hours to give time for all flavors to marry. Cook pasta and enjoy!