Gluten-free Blackberry Pie
There is nothing better than a fresh home made gluten-free, dairy-free Blackberry pie. Not to sweet and not to sour, the perfect balance of flavors. The pie crust recipe was adapted from Emeril Lagasse, I thank him over and over for one of the best gluten-free pie crusts I have ever tried.Prep time: 40 Minutes
Cook time: 50-60 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour 40 minutes
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cups Tapioca Flour
- 3/4 Cups Potato Starch
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthum Gum (Heaping)
- 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Shortening (earth balance)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (earth balance)
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Sweet Rice Flour For Dusting
- 4 Cups Blackberries
- 3/4-1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Gluten-free Flour (Jules)
- In a stand mixer add white rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, salt, xanthum gum, shortening, sugar, and butter. Mix until your mixture looks smaller than pea size, slowly add egg, vinegar and water mix until combined. Remove from bowl and divide into two parts, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. After you have refrigerated your dough, take out of refrigerator and roll out.
- FILLING: In a medium sized bowl add blackberries, sugar, and flour. Make sure all sugar and flour are dissolved then add to your rolled pie crust.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and cook your pie for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.