Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
If you are looking for a chewy flavorful granola bar look no further you have come to the right place, these bars taste just like the girl scout cookies called Samoa's, YUM!Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 2.5 hours
Yield: 12 bars
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Wildflower Honey
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Cups Certified Gluten-free Oats (quick oats)
- 2 Cups Gluten-free Rice Krispies
- 4 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips (Dairy Free)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- In a large bowl combine gluten-free quick oats, gluten-free rice krispies, and shredded coconut, mix with your hands until all combined. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add coconut oil, brown sugar, and honey. Cook on medium to high heat whisk mixture until it reaches 245 degrees on a candy thermometer, remove from heat and add vanilla, return to the heat and bring mixture back to 250 degrees on your candy thermometer. Remove from heat and pour mixture over dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and leave no dry spots. On a lined jelly roll pan with either parchment paper or silpat, pour mixture and spread evenly on pan. Press mixture evenly to be about 3/4 of an inch thickness. I used a piece of wax paper to press mixture, cool slightly and add chocolate chips on the top let cool completely. Cool at least 2 hours.
- *NOTE* you need to make sure mixture gets to 250 or they will not stick together.