Gluten-free Blueberry Streusel Cake
This coffee cake has got to be about the moistest gluten free/dairy free cake I have tasted, perfect for breakfast with that hot coffee which reminds me of comfort food, moist cake and fresh blueberries.Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 35-40 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Shortening I used earth balance shortening sticks)
- 1 Whole Egg (I used Ener G egg substitute)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk (I used So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-free flour of choice (I used Jules)
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cups Fresh blueberries
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 Cups Brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-free flour (I used Jules)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted (I used earth balance)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- I doubled this recipe and used a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt until combined, slowly add flour, milk and baking powder. Place half of the batter in your pan and half of the streusel topping, plus blueberries, add remaining batter on top and finish with streusel topping bake for about 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- NOTE* If you double this recipe and your making the streusel topping DO NOT double the butter for topping or it will come out to runny.