Spanish Rice (GF)
I love Spanish Rice, I have been on the hunt for a long time searching for the perfect blend for the perfect Spanish Rice. I finally have come up with one I know you will enjoy! I have been making this for many years and have been asked over and over for this recipe. People are amazed how easy this is to make and you can make it in the comfort of your own home.Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
- 3 Cups Long Grain Rice
- 1 Whole Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Whole Garlic (diced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Salt (or less depending on taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Oregano
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- In a large pan add rice, olive oil, salt, cook mixture until you start seeing a little color on the rice, once you start seeing some color then add onion, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and oregano.
- Stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, then add garlic and stir for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth and tomato sauce, stirring well to combine.
- Turn heat down to very lowest setting and cover for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take cover off and stir making sure everything is combined, place cover back on for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and DO NOT uncover but let stand for another 10 minutes.
- After the final 10 minutes lift lid and fluff with a fork.