Gluten-free Blackberry Raspberry Pie
I have been on the search for a gluten-free pie crust for quite a while, but low and behold I will look no further as I have found a pie crust recipe from Jules Shepard that is astounding and this recipe has been adapted from Jules Shepard and her awesome flour, thank you Jules! Every year my family and I pick all sorts of different kinds of berries, we love berries. I make jam, pies, syrups, smoothies and many other delicious treats with our berries. A family favorite is pie and this Gluten-free Blackberry Raspberry pie is absolutely delicious. This pie has a sweet and sour filling paired with a flaky crust leaving me wanting more and more.
Cook time: 55 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 2/3 cups Earth Balance Shortening Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4-5 tablespoons Warm Water
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- This recipe is for a two crust 9 inch pie
- FOR THE CRUST:
- In a medium sized metal bowl add 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour, 2/3 cup earth balance shortening sticks, 1 teaspoon salt, using a pastry cutter or two knives cut mixture until it resembles a course meal, slowly add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time careful not to add to much or dough will become sticky, when dough comes together form two separate dough balls and wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Let rest on counter for 30 minutes. **DO NOT REFRIGERATE DOUGH**
- After the dough has rested use the all purpose gluten-free flour (Jules) for rolling
- FOR THE FILLING:
- In a medium sized bowl combine blackberries, raspberries, sugar and flour.
- Stir until sugar and flour are combined.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 50-55 minutes or until filling is bubbly.