Gluten-free Stuffed Bell Peppers
Omigosh what do I say about these stuffed bell peppers, other than they are absolutely delicious, My family loves these peppers especially the stuffing. I find this to be a perfect meal in the summer as all the produce is so fresh and flavorful. These peppers are surely a crowd pleaser and so simple.
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 40-45 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour 15 minutes
Yield: 5 full Bell Peppers
- 5 Whole Bell Peppers (any color)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Whole Onion Diced
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Cup Cheese (optional)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan fill with water and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove all membranes and seeds.
- Boil Peppers for 3 minutes and remove and drain, place on a clean paper towel.
- In a large pan brown ground turkey, onion, garlic, salt, pepper.
- When the turkey mixture is thoroughly cooked add tomato sauce and rice
- *NOTE* Add rice a little at a time to ensure the mixture doesn't become to dry.
- Fill Bell peppers all the way to the top or heaping with the turkey mixture, sprinkle cheese on top if you desire.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until hot all the way through.