Carne Asada Marinade (GF)
My family loves Mexican food, I must say I have a soft spot as well. This recipe was adapted from a gentleman by the name of Joshua Bousel, I received this recipe from a friend and decided I would give it a whirl. With a few tweaks and adjustments I think I have mastered my own art from this recipe. I hope you enjoy this marinade as much as we do.
Cook time: 15-20 Minutes
Total time: 3.5 hours
- 3-4 Pounds Flank Steak or Skirt Steak thinly sliced and chopped
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Handful Fresh Cilantro (chopped very fine)
- 1 Half Jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 Fresh Limes (juiced)
- 1 Whole Orange (juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pound Shrimp (optional)
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 Cup Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Pico De Gallo (Optional)
1. Chop Flank Steak or Skirt Steak and put into a ziplock bag.
In a small bowl add garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and sugar.
2. Juice one whole orange and two limes.
3. Add orange and lime juice to above mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
4. Add whisked mixture to the flank steak or skirt steak and coat evenly, seal ziplock bag and be careful to remove all the air as possible.
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or as long as you choose.
6. When done marinating remove from refrigerator and drain all remaining marinade into the sink.
7. Heat a wok type pan or any other fry pan you desire with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
8. Fry meat until it has a nice brown fried crust.
**NOTE** You may have to drain mixture a couple of times during cooking in order to get all remaining marinade out.