Gluten Free Pulled Pork Sandwich
Omigosh I love pulled pork sandwiches, very simple and very filling. I make this ahead of time to take to barbecues or just have a simple meal at home with home made Calico Baked Beans. My Kids and husband love these sandwiches!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 6 hours
Yield: 12 servings
- 4 pounds Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 whole Apple (Cored and seeds removed)
- 1 Whole Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Course Salt
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/2 cup Roasting liquid
- In a slow cooker add pork sirloin tip roasts, fresh garlic, apple, onion, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper,and course salt. Roast 4-5 hours or until pork pulls apart vey easily. Drain all liquid from the pan and reserve, discard all other items. Pull the pork into shreds until all shredded, put shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add the barbecue sauce, use roasting liquid to thin down barbecue sauce. Add more barbecue sauce for a thicker sauce. Reheat and serve on a toasted gluten free bun.