Gluten-free Shrimp Quinoa Medley
I love a light filling salad especially on a nice warm day, this salad is delicious, full of fresh vegetables and a light vinaigrette to top it off!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Dry Quinoa
- 1 Pound Of Cooked Shrimp
- 2 Avocados
- 9 Stalks Of Asparagus (blanched for 2 minutes)
- 2 cups Cherry Tomato Medley
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- To prepare quinoa add 1 1/2 cups of quinoa with 3 cups water in a medium sized pan, bring to a full rolling boil, reduce heat to low and cover for 15 minutes, DO NOT REMOVE LID. When quinoa is done fluff with fork and put into a nice sized bowl to cool down, refrigerate until cold. Cut asparagus pieces into one inch pieces and blanch for 2 minutes, place in a bowl of ice cold water to stop cooking, dry and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, fresh lemon juice, honey, garlic and basil, whisk until combined.
- To prepare salad, add ALL ingredients at this time and pour dressing on, mix it up and garnish with shrimp or parsley for color.